West Heath Nursery School is situated in Northfield, South West Birmingham. It was built in the 1940's as a day nursery run by the Public Health Department.
During the war the nursery catered for the children of women who worked in the local munitions factory. In 1947 the school was handed over to the Education Department and has been run by Birmingham City Council Local Authority ever since.
The building has remained the same until a few years ago when the old air raid shelter was demolished and a new classroom built to give much needed space for extra activities and groups. The interior of the building was refurbished in August 2012.